A little back story on this one, and so sorry if it's TMI. When Nathan was a preschooler, he started to become curious about, ahem, boobs. Not in an inappropriate way, just in a "my mom is always taking those out to feed my baby brother" way. He dubbed them "nikoos," and that term has stuck through today. My bra became known as "nikoo patches." Weird, I know. But kind of cute, too.
So, today, as I was hurriedly tossing on some clothes before heading downstairs for breakfast, Nathan and I had this conversation:
N: "Mommy, why do you wear nikoo patches?"
Me: "I'll tell you when you're older."
N: (in whiny voice) "But I'm six, almost seven years old! You can tell me! Why?"
Me: "To cover up my nikoos."
N: "But why do you need to cover up your nikoos if they don't show?"
Me: (sigh) "It's to keep them in the right place."
N: "Oh. Because if you didn't wear it, they would plop on down."
Me. "Exactly."
Exactly.
Very sweet, simple and to the point. Glad it wasn't the 1970s -- the bra-burning era and a much more complicated story! Ha!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny. I thought he'd forgotten about the Nikoo word. Someday I'm sure he'll ask you why some women get nikoo implants. I'd like to hear a transcript of that conversation. ;-)
ReplyDelete