
It's somewhere between the hours of 8 and 9 a.m. on Easter morning, and Nathan and Brendan just left for church. If Evan were older and capable of sitting for longer than 76 seconds, we would have gone, too. No, really..we would have. It's not just a convenient excuse to stay in my pajamas for another couple of hours (although I sure do appreciate having that excuse).
Anyway, the boys have had their Easter egg hunt (the Easter Bunny filled most of their plastic eggs with Legos and small eraser toys, but some chocolate, too). We've had yummy Goldstein's bagels that we picked up in La Canada yesterday (yay, a date to the Huntington!). They forgot about their baskets, so they'll have another surprise awaiting them later this morning. But Evan's getting into mischief now (and he needs a diaper change--whew!), so I'll keep this short. I did, however, have to share this little Nathan gem. As he and Brendan were getting ready to leave for church, he had one complaint:
"I usually can't see the magicians, so maybe since we're getting there early we'll be able to see them better."
Ah...from the mouths of babes. That's a slight paraphrase, but he did use the word "magicians" to describe the clergy. I love it. And I love my little Easter kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment