1. Asian Chicken Burgers. These weren't horrible, but they were super labor intensive. I had to buy two new types of sauces as well as toasted sesame oil. The end product just didn't sit well with me. Brendan, however, really liked them and happily ate the extra burger that I turned up my nose at.
2. Curried Pork and Pea Soup. This will forever be in the "what was I smoking??" category. I literally opened my crock pot recipe book and picked the first recipe that I saw. I don't think I've ever done that before. And, no, I'll ever do it again. I never even tried a bite. Whatever was simmering in my crock pot looked like what dog food is made out of before it gets ground into the canned mush. Smelled awful, too. Yeah, let's move on.
3. Family-Favorite Taco Salad. This one was from a healthy cooking magazine I've gotten for many years. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't amazing. I did like the fact that you cooked the taco meat with diced canned tomatoes; kind of a simple way of adding tomatoes without cutting them up yourself. The taste of the meat itself was OK, nothing too special. Next time I'll probably just use the Lawry's Taco seasoning and call it a day. In my opinion, taco salad is good based on what you put with the meat. For me, that's beans, avocado, cheese, sour cream, chips...and a bit of lettuce. ;-)
So, when the week was said and done, I decided to go the fool-proof route, and I made my mom's time-tested curried chicken recipe. It never gets old.
And come Saturday night? It was Habit time.

(No, I didn't take that picture, but dang, doesn't it look good?)
I for one liked the taco salad quite a bit. The "Asian Chicken Burger," to me, tasted more like a Hawaiian burger. As for the soup... well, I glanced at it and smelled it and I'll just leave it at that. :D
ReplyDeleteI must commend you for the effort, though. You're always great at trying out some new dishes.
Thank you for being my always-willing food guinea pig. Whatever that means. :)
ReplyDelete