Now, it's not like we didn't have any running water. It's not even that we didn't have any usable sinks. But not having a working sink in the kitchen left me a tad...off-kilter. Seriously. I could have never survived in the Old West, medieval Europe, that place they went to in "Land of the Lost"... You get the picture. We ate hot dogs (gross ones at that) for two nights. We got take-out another two nights. We used paper plates and plastic forks. Without running water right at my fingertips, I had no concept of how to prepare meals, clean crumbs, do dishes. Every time I entered the kitchen, I just kind of went into a state of flustered confusion. What do I do? Where am I? How did I get here? What's my name again? Dozens of times, I would find myself just staring at the sink, hoping that faucets might just appear. Stranger things have happened. Right? I'm sure they have.
Anyway, that's all in the past. I'm happy to report that, as of noon today, this is what our sink looks like:
I will refrain from complaining about anything at all for the next...19 minutes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment