
In some ways, this picture seems like yesterday; in others, it seems like a very long time ago! This was the moment I met Evan. And it's hard to believe that a few hours shy of 12 months later, he's eating curried chicken with half a mouthful of teeth, standing, waving bye-bye, bopping to music, tackling the cat, and--on very special occasions--sleeping through the night. They really do change so fast. I've loved sharing this year with my little mover and shaker, having him attached to my hip (and other parts...), and watching him become more of a kid every day. But it's with a heavy heart that I start to let go of the baby days because they are, most definitely, the sweetest days I've ever known.
Speaking as a mom and a grandma... I agree, most definitely the sweetest days and years I've ever known. Happy Birthday, Evan! See you at the official party.
ReplyDelete