Friday, March 12, 2010

Artsy Nathan

I just wanted to take a few minutes to post some of Nathan's recent artwork. I hope you get as much of a kick out of them as I have!

First we have "An Excess of Happiness." Nathan drew this for me, and it exemplifies his recent desire to place happy faces on all objects in his drawings, even the clouds. I think he explained that this is a heart flower in a boat.


Next we have "Dinosaur Family." I was showing Nathan how to use a dinosaur stencil recently, and unfortunately, it ended in tearful frustration. The upside? He learned that he could draw dinosaurs on his own. Phew!



This one shows a little more...complexity. It's a collage of various seemingly unrelated items (but little do you know...). So, I will just call it "Complex Collage." Starting in the lower left we have yet another happy dinosaur. Above him, we have baby hearts growing from seeds and a mommy heart. Continuing clockwise, you will find a butterfly. Underneath the butterfly is "Pooh Bear in a backpack." Duh. As if I had to tell you! Below suffocating Pooh Bear is another butterfly. And last, but certainly not least, is a happy shark with rosy cheeks. I think there's a message hidden in all this, but I'm still trying to decipher it. But maybe I've just been reading too much Dan Brown.

And for the finale, here is a portrait of everyone's favorite shock-pop artist--the one, the only..."Lady Gaga." No, seriously. It's really Lady Gaga. Much to Brendan's dismay, Nathan and I are both Lady Gaga fans. At least for now. And at least in edited moderation. I actually think Ms. Gaga would love to wear an outfit just like this, especially the chicken feet, if it were possible. Better not give her any ideas...





2 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed by what that little creative mind comes up with. :)

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... three hearts inside the mommy heart? I think Nathan wants another sibling... or one of the hearts is for PK. :)

    ReplyDelete

Map of my Blog's Visitors