Friday, November 27, 2009

A Cornucopia of Fun


No, I didn't make those. I really, really wish I could say I did. They're the adorable creations of my mom's friend, domestic goddess, and all-around wonderful person, Pam. She dropped them off for all the munchkins attending our family's Thanksgiving dinner, and they couldn't have been a bigger hit!

This year, the stars aligned and my dad's birthday happened to fall on Thanksgiving. Not only did he get to clean his entire house in advance of the incoming Thanksgiving onslaught, he also got to give wheelbarrow rides to two very enthusiastic preschoolers, take out the trash, and do all the dishes. I think he needs a birthday do-over. You're the best, Dad! And ditto to my mom, who created another typically-wonderful Thanksgiving meal. She makes it look easy. We all brought dishes to share, and it was great having Aunt Lynn's awesome mashed potatoes and the Robinsons' roasted veggies. One of my favorite things to eat on Turkey Day is the stuffing, at least the way my mom makes it. No freaky turkey bits, thank you very much.

Nathan and his second cousin Gavin frolicked in a world of their own imagination (which included piling toys on my cousin Eric while he napped on the couch), little 14-month-old Vera showed everyone what a good eater (and dancer) she is, and Evan...well, he enjoyed sleeping, eating, being cuddled, and chewing on a toy helicopter. He turned eight months old on Thanksgiving Day.

Here is a picture of Nathan and Evan in their matching outfits. That's right--matching outfits. Brendan's lucky I didn't make him the third Musketeer.



How can I not be thankful when I get to look at these faces every day??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map of my Blog's Visitors