I think Nathan had a pretty great birthday, if I do say so myself. It was pretty much divided into four quarters. OK, I guess every day is divided into four quarters, but sometimes those quarters run into each other more than others.
For a while I've been taking a daily morning walk, unless extenuating circumstances prevent it (i.e., laziness). Both boys decided to join me yesterday, taking plenty of time to talk to snails and rolly pollies:
Nathan allowed me to indulge in some birthday photography. Isn't he delish?
After our walk, we had chocolate chip pancakes, which are just regular Bisquik pancakes with chocolate chips poured in. I don't think it will be possible to have pancakes any other way now.
After breakfast, I allowed the boys to watch a movie. They both agreed to Madagascar 3, which was a pleasant surprise. Not only is the movie funny (the mentally-challenged Italian sea lion voiced by Martin Short is enough to sit through it), but they actually agreed to watch the same movie. And they both liked it. It's a birthday miracle! No pictures of them watching the movie. You can, uh, kind of picture them sitting on the couch.
After lunch, we went to Jump 5150, which is an indoor trampoline park that all the cool kids love and occasionally get injured at. We had a "birthday playdate mini party thingy" with Nathan's best friends Abe, Cole A. and Jacob C. It was great that they were all able to come, in addition to Abe's siblings and Ben C. (Cole and Luke C. are on vacation). I smuggled in drinks, fruit snacks, and mini cupcakes, even though I don't, ahem, think I was technically supposed to do that. Nevertheless, after two hours everyone was sufficiently sweaty, exhausted, and uninjured.
In the evening, after Brendan got home from work, we headed to California Pizza Kitchen to indulge in some good eats. Nice choice, Nathan. The greatest thing about CPK, aside from the pizza of course, is their $1 sundaes on the kids' menu. We get them every time for the boys because, well, they're a dollar and they look like this!
Afterwards, we said hi to the Bridgeport ducks before heading home to open some presents. Nathan was excited to get books, origami stuff, and a kids' circuit board kit. We will do more celebrating with the rest of the family this weekend, when it will be the obligatory 100 degrees. It's good to stretch this birthday stuff out, you know?

No comments:
Post a Comment