Friday, November 18, 2011

Horn Tooting Time


I try not to be one of those braggy moms, but this is my own blog, and I can brag all I want here. Just had to share what a good week Nathan had. Yesterday I was invited to come to his class in the morning for an awards presentation. He and about four other classmates were given awards in different categories. Nathan's was for industriousness. Now, if you aren't 100% sure what that means, don't feel bad. It means "assiduous in work or study; diligent." In a nutshell, he's a hard worker. Here's a picture of him getting the award:


And today he received his first report card of the year, which was pretty impressive. He received almost all O's (for "outstanding") and he's demonstrating strengths in reading and verbal communication. The assistant principal put a little post-it note on his report card saying "Your grades are wonderful, Nathan!"

Needless to say, I really couldn't be happier. After school we had a very, very cold play date in the park with a bunch of his friends from class. I think they spent 90% of the time tackling each other. In a way, that makes me just as happy as the grades. Nathan once told me that he wants to stay at his elementary school forever, and he's already worried about having to leave in five years. It's weird to think that we just ended up in our current house by chance last year. Had our real estate agent not known the people who used to live in our home, we surely wouldn't have ended up in this neighborhood, and Nathan wouldn't have ended up at the school he so loves. It's funny how things work out.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely worth bragging about! Congrats Nathan! We are so proud of our hard worker and player, the best of both worlds with a joyful spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute getting his award. I have a feeling he will be getting a lot of those. I'm glad he likes school so much too. He's already more well adjusted than his uncle. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Map of my Blog's Visitors