They were messy, but really, really easy. And, from what I could tell, mostly edible. I also made sugar cookies and Russian tea cookies. I've never known how to make really good sugar cookies, and I don't know how to "do" frosting right, so those were just OK. The tea cookies don't look like anything special, but they taste soooo good. We gave some to the neighbors, but yes, Mom, you'll be getting some. :) Believe it or not, we're in the middle of one whopper of a rainstorm here in Southern California. I don't think it's stopped raining for 48 hours. Good cookie-making weather. These little holly thingamabobs were by far the easiest treat I made this weekend. I'm not sure how appetizing they are, though!
I walk the maze of moments But everywhere I turn to Begins a new beginning But never finds a finish...
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Holly Treats
Nathan and I made these today...



They were messy, but really, really easy. And, from what I could tell, mostly edible. I also made sugar cookies and Russian tea cookies. I've never known how to make really good sugar cookies, and I don't know how to "do" frosting right, so those were just OK. The tea cookies don't look like anything special, but they taste soooo good. We gave some to the neighbors, but yes, Mom, you'll be getting some. :) Believe it or not, we're in the middle of one whopper of a rainstorm here in Southern California. I don't think it's stopped raining for 48 hours. Good cookie-making weather. These little holly thingamabobs were by far the easiest treat I made this weekend. I'm not sure how appetizing they are, though!
They were messy, but really, really easy. And, from what I could tell, mostly edible. I also made sugar cookies and Russian tea cookies. I've never known how to make really good sugar cookies, and I don't know how to "do" frosting right, so those were just OK. The tea cookies don't look like anything special, but they taste soooo good. We gave some to the neighbors, but yes, Mom, you'll be getting some. :) Believe it or not, we're in the middle of one whopper of a rainstorm here in Southern California. I don't think it's stopped raining for 48 hours. Good cookie-making weather. These little holly thingamabobs were by far the easiest treat I made this weekend. I'm not sure how appetizing they are, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful! Russian Tea Cakes have always been my favorite, and these were the best. In fact, all 3 kinds were really good. I enjoyed them all week long, as a treat first thing in the morning, for lunch, dinner and in between. I was out shopping in this crazy rain this week and I believe it was the cookies that got me through. Thanks, Kristin. Your timing was perfect, and so were the cookies. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete