Saturday, September 24, 2011

Smile

It was Picture Day this week at Nathan's school, and I had to snap a couple of pictures of him as he went out the door. You know, just in case the professional photos didn't turn out. I kid. Anyway, I caught a rare posed picture of my kiddo showing his teeth, so I thought I'd share it:


Nathan never likes to show his teeth when he smiles in pictures; he says it makes him "feel funny." And his toothless smile is pretty great, so I don't make a big deal about it. But this picture has to be one of my favorite pictures of him in a long time. So if the school photographer somehow screwed everything up, I won't care a bit.

I know that Nathan won't have this smile for much longer. Geez, that sounds awful! What I mean is, he's six years old, and he'll start losing his baby teeth soon. He's kind of a late bloomer in that department; he has his very first loose tooth right now. And if he's his mom's kid, he'll hang onto those loose teeth for a ridiculous amount of time. And I'm OK with that, because smiles really don't get any better than this, do they?

1 comment:

  1. Great picture. He's as adorable with teeth as he is toothless. I can't imagine the school photog could take a better photo.

    ReplyDelete

Map of my Blog's Visitors