But...we couldn't let that stop us from having a special celebration this morning. This week, my wonderful mom turns 60, and we took her and my dad and brother to The Odyssey to celebrate over a champagne brunch. The brunch was, most mercifully, inside and air-conditioned. We took a few quick pictures outside before heading inside to chow down.
I walk the maze of moments But everywhere I turn to Begins a new beginning But never finds a finish...
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Extreme Birthday Challenge
They say it's, like, 50,000 degrees F on the surface of the sun. Wait, let me Google that. Hold on. Oops, it's about 10,000 degrees. Me, exaggerate? Never. Anyway, as hot as that is, could that really feel any hotter than it was today? I can't imagine. It was the hottest day of the year, and as far as I'm concerned, the weather was categorically miserable.
But...we couldn't let that stop us from having a special celebration this morning. This week, my wonderful mom turns 60, and we took her and my dad and brother to The Odyssey to celebrate over a champagne brunch. The brunch was, most mercifully, inside and air-conditioned. We took a few quick pictures outside before heading inside to chow down.
The Odyssey is the restaurant where Brendan and I had our wedding reception twelve years ago. We've been back for dinner a couple of times since then, but never for their brunch. I don't think I've met a brunch I don't like, and this one was no exception. Where else can you get sausage, sushi and chocolate mousse...on one plate. I had two glasses of excellent champagne, which was, in hindsight, probably two glasses too many. Nathan declared his ham and cheese omelet to be "better than chocolate." And Evan got to do a face-plant in some cake. We enjoyed a lot of good food, a great view, and the chance to celebrate someone who is, herself, better than chocolate, too. Happy (almost) birthday, Mom. We love you!
But...we couldn't let that stop us from having a special celebration this morning. This week, my wonderful mom turns 60, and we took her and my dad and brother to The Odyssey to celebrate over a champagne brunch. The brunch was, most mercifully, inside and air-conditioned. We took a few quick pictures outside before heading inside to chow down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah...Thank you all SO MUCH. It was a fabulous brunch, the food only being outdone by the company! I really enjoyed seeing my grandsons relish the scrumptious desserts (There's nothing cuter than little boys with chocolate on their faces.), and to my surprise, even the omelet! And I will always remember Nathan's joke of the day: "We're going to the Odyssey in the Odyssey." Yep, we all had a great time. I felt so spoiled and loved that I didn't even notice the heat. I love you all and I will always strive to live up to being "better than chocolate." :-) Your lucky Mom & Grandma T.
ReplyDelete