One decade, four cameras, and two little boys later, the world has changed. A lot. It's hard to remember life without a digital camera. Nathan and Evan have seen very few days without some antic, some smile, some little moment being captured forever in a digitized image. Some people might say we're a bit obsessed with photographing our kids and our lives. No. We're a lot obsessed. :) And I wouldn't have it any other way.
So, in line with our obsession, Santa came early for me and Brendan this year. We treated ourselves to a new Canon camera, a digital SLR that would make that old camera from Target seem like it belongs in a museum. We have a lot of learning to do, but we couldn't think of a better investment in the one thing that means so much, especially this time of year: memories.
This is one of the first pictures I took with the camera.
We've only had it a week, and I consider it to be the best "gadget" we've ever owned. I'm stunned at some of the images we've already been able to capture with it.
ReplyDeleteGreat picture. Of course, it helps to have such photogenic subjects. I might have to get one someday.
ReplyDeleteMatt
@Anonymous Matt:
ReplyDeleteA camera... or a photogenic subject? :P